ICEC Association Members
ICEC is the only certification Institute in Europe and worldwide that is specific only for the leather sector and it was established in late 1994.
Among founder members:
- Historical Italian tanneries, still operating in the main tanning districts
- UNIC (Italian tannery association).
Among de jure members:
- AICQ (Italian Association for Quality)
- CNR (National research council)
- ENEA (Authority for new technologies, energy and environment)
- Economical development ministry
- SSIP (Italian leather research institute).
Among ordinary members:
- Italian tanneries, still operating in the main tanning districts
- Manufacturers in leather sector
- AIMPES (Italian Association of leather goods producers)
- AIP (Italian Association of fur producers)
- Assocalzaturifici (Italian Association of footwear producers)
- UNAC (Italian Association of accessories and components producers, in leather sector).
The certifications are issued by the association ICEC, whose statute, organization chart and quality policy are available in this section.